People are true blessings. Who you surround yourself with is very very important and I can’t stress it enough. They bring happiness, dry your tears, make you laugh, and just make you feel completely loved. The people I will be listing below are people I can’t ever thank God enough for. I do not know what I did in this lifetime to deserve these people but I’m so grateful for every-single-one.
- Salena – My cousin who is more like a sister. She brought me to God about 3 years ago and my life has never been the same. She is the only person who can make me laugh until I wheeze. She’s the only person who can cut me deep to the heart to make me open up and let me just break down. She lets me ramble on about myself for hours. We share a passionate love for all things Jesus, food, and Disney movies. Words cannot describe my love for her. She is certainly my kindred spirit.
- My brothers, Gaetano and Giuseppe. – These boys are the two biggest blessings in my life. Being away from school has made me appreciate and love them even more than before which I didn’t even think was possible. Just watching them laugh at nothing and still have such an active imagination at age 11 is so beautiful and pure. Whenever they text me or video chat, my entire day is made. They give me so much happiness and the thing I am most thankful for in this life is being their big sister. Also, they both have the greatest sense of humor that just kills me every time. My favorite boys are my brothers
- Julia – My best friend since my sophomore year of high school. She and I have had our fair share of ups and downs but we always recover and resume our friendship right where it left off. She has such a giving nature about her. She is so completely genuine. Her willingness to give and serve her family is so inspiring. She’s the only human I can just sit with and watch TV and not talk but still feel so connected with. She’s the only one who can get me to eat ice cream in 30-degree weather. She’s funny and understands my love for dogs. I love my time I get with her since being at school. It makes it all the more special.My sister from another mister.
- Will – My wonderful boyfriend. He has the bluest eyes and the most contagious of laughs. I probably spend way too much time with him since we go to school together but he is incredible. We share the love of “Friends”, Impractical Jokers, and cheesy youtube videos. We laugh at nothing and spend all day just talking about useless stuff and yet I can’t get enough of it. I love watching him grow in Christ and just pursue Him. He is truly a gift from God and is an answer to my endless prayers for a Christ -centered relationship.
- My Roommate/ Suitemates – My roommate Taylor and I share the same obnoxious laugh that disturbs everyone. We share a common love for Bobs Burgers and murder-related movies. She is my twin and has literally dried my tears. I got so blessed with having her as a roommate it is insane. She is totally wild sometimes but I love every second of it. Diana, Nicole, and Natalie are my suitemates. These sassy senoritas are the best trio I know. They each have their own special thing. Diana is creative and watching her create her own Youtube channel (Click Here To See Diana’s Channel !) has been amazing. Nicole is quiet but she is all ears whenever you need to talk which I am super thankful for. Natalie is small but full of power. She is wild and always ready to have fun but is also so loveable and hilarious. Grateful for all four of them
- Brad – This dude is my best friend. My best guy friend. The countless nights of heart-to-heart conversations and endless back-and-forths from New Haven to Ludlow to bring me home from school and vice versa. He has never failed me or let me down. He’s talked me down from anxiety attacks, threaten to beat up boys for me, and has listened to hours of endless complaining. He leaves for basic training in the summer and my heart aches at the thought but I am so proud of him. I don’t see him too often anymore but he will always have a special place in my heart.
People were placed into your life for a reason, remember to love them, pray for them, and give thanks for them. Let them know how much they mean to you. Let them know what goodness they have put into your life. We are only here for a short amount of time so you might as well use it to spread some more love. I can’t help but think of the bible verse in Ecclesiastes 4:9-12 that reads:
“Two are better than one,
because they have a good return for their labor:
If either of them falls down,
one can help the other up.
But pity anyone who falls
and has no one to help them up.
Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
But how can one keep warm alone?
Though one may be overpowered,
two can defend themselves.
A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.”
Love your friends. Rejoice for them. Pray for them. Remember them. Be thankful. – Lex